click your curser by the fish and leave them food to eat

February 5, 2011

Inside the Garden of My Heart

Inside the Garden of My Heart
by Kelly Ann John


Come inside the Garden of my Heart.
I am not afraid to share,
about the damaged that once was done,
and God’s tender redemptive care.

I once denied that Christ could help.
I hid behind my walls,
there I thought I was so safe.
In reality, I was headed for a fall

So I face the loneliness of my soul,
despite the agony and pain.
And in that place I cried for help,
and there I faced my shame.

I allowed the Lord to shine His light
in the deadness of my soul.
It was there He planted seeds of life,
His tears watered them, so they might grow.

He walks with me in my Garden now,
and together we tend to the soil.
Each step of the way I let Him prune,
knowing this will cause me to grow.

No longer will I turn my back
on the matters of the heart.
For He is there to show His love,
and there His Grace imparts.

So come and see my Garden,
the gate is opened wide.
The beauty of the Lord is present there.
In the Garden of My Heart He abides.

3 comments:

Jules~ said...

Oh my goodness what can I say?
That is so beautifully written and woven. I so love the love you have for God.

Glenda said...

What beautiful poetry you write! And I agree with Jules - your love of God shows through each line. Will enjoy following you.

kelly ann said...

Glenda you have blessed me