click your curser by the fish and leave them food to eat

March 31, 2011

Come out of the Darkness

"Come out of the Silence" came two weeks after my first poem. Out of the blue,  the Lord graciously placed it in my heart . In away I like this better than the first one I wrote. It talks of the struggle we have to share  our silent agony. 

The enemy of our souls would like nothing better than for us to isolate ourselves from others. It is there in that darkness that he speaks his lies, weaves his deception and entraps us in a continual pit of despair. 

We were never meant to travel the journey of life alone. And as hard as it is to reach out to others it is exactly what we need to do. 

I have come to realize when you shine light into the darkness of your soul by sharing with someone it helps to bring clarity to what the enemy has tried to do. 

When I need to talk I ask God to lead me to the person I need to share my troubles with. There is someone specifically meant to help. It has never failed.

I pray that those who are suffering alone that this poem brings a light of hope to you.

Come out of the Silence
by Kelly Ann John

Give words to your suffering and
watch them take flight,
come out of  the silence and into
His light.

The abuse you have suffered has
darkened your soul,
imprisoned you in a world, with no
where to go.

Years you have spent in silent pain
alone with your doubts,
alone with your shame.

How hard it has been to put a
smile on your face.
To hold it all together when you
felt  such disgrace.

But how does one learn to let it all go?
When there has been years of
allowing the anger to grow.

You have to open the door to the
silence within.
And allow the Lord to help
you begin,

To put words to your struggles to put
words to your pain.
So you can finally deal with the anger
and deal with your shame.

So give words to your suffering and
watch them take flight,
Come out of the silence and into
His light.

No comments: