click your curser by the fish and leave them food to eat

March 25, 2011

The Story Behind Inside the Garden of My Heart

I realized after I had posted my poem that the back story might be needed for those who do not know me. It might seem like just a simple poem to some but for me the unfolding of the lines have deep meaning.

It all began a few years back


There was a woman at my church who wanted to teach a class for women how to to cope with childhood abuse. Even though I was not sexual abused as a child she encouraged me to attend since I needed to deal with abuse suffered as an adult.


I will not get in to the ugly details, they will not serve a purpose here. I will say though, there were many tears and gut retching realizations I had to face. But God saw me through it all and I was healed of many deep seeded wounds. It was hard to go through but wonderful on the other side.


I need to explain something here before I go so on you can understand my prayer below. I am not a musical person. So where it says in the Bible to make a joyful noise before the Lord, that is exactly what I do I make a joyful "noise". I am at awe at those who sing and write songs.  I so wanted to express my love and gratitude for all Papa God did for me in just that fashion.

I still remember part of the prayer I prayed the morning of the last class. I feel led to share it with all those who stop by my humble blog

Father I am so grateful for how far you have brought me. I so wish I could express my love to you in a song. Father it so deep in my heart to want to bless you but I can't sing. I don't know how to put a song together.  All the good words have been taken.

I don't remember what else was said, but when I was done crying in gratitude before the Lord the words came for the poem. 

I so love Him

No comments: